phone-symbol 0800 1223 104

phone-symbol 01782 478703

Uniform Tax Relief

Who can claim a uniform tax refund?

If your uniform contains your company logo or is protective clothing, you can apply for a tax rebate from HMRC for the last 4 years! Our service is available to:
  • Retail staff
  • Hospitality & Catering
  • Nurses, doctors, dentists and other healthcare workers
  • Police officers
  • Airline staff / cabin crew / pilots
  • Public transport
  • Engineers & Mechanics
  • Builders / plumbers / carpenters
  • Teachers who are required to teach P.E.
  • Anyone else that wears a uniform to work!

How much can I claim?

The amount you can claim depends on your job. If claiming for the full 4 years, the standard rebate for most employees is £48. However for certain professions, HMRC has agreed higher allowances.

Can I claim anything else?

If you wear a uniform to work (for example nurse attire, police uniform, or even simply a shirt with the company logo) which you have to wash and maintain yourself, you could be eligible to claim a rebate for the last for 4 years of up to £300. As well as a uniform cleaning allowance, we can also help you claim a tax rebate for most expenses you have incurred as part of your job. For example, HMRC will usually allow you to claim back 20% of the cost of any equipment or tools purchased, as well as fees paid to professional organisations such as NMC, HCPC.

FCA Authorised Independent Financial Advisers available Nationwide is an independent marketing website which acts as an introducer to 'whole of market' companies who offer specialist Independent Financial Advice. Each company is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). are not authorised to give advice and we are not liable for any financial advice provided by, or obtained through a third party. The information published on this website is for information purposes only.